In a new statement in a special court hearing the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, the lone surviving captured Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab on Monday told that out of the 9 dead terrorists, three were Indians. He said that one was from Kashmir, the second from Gujarat and the third, Abu Ismail, was from Mumbai. The case of the prosecution is that Kasab and nine other Pakistani nationals had committed terror attacks in the metropolis on November 26 last year.
Kasab said that he had seen pictures of the deceased terrorists and that Ismail’s photo resembled the face of a ‘marathi manoos’. Kasab claims that there is evidence to show that they were Indians.
He further told the court that because they were Indians, their bodies were burnt beyond recognition.
Earlier Ajmal Kasab had told the court that he was not aware of the 2008 dastardly attacks at Hotel Taj, Hotel Oberoi, Nariman House and Leopold Cafe in Mumbai.
“I also do not know the people who had fired and exploded bombs at these places on November 26, 2008,” Kasab said in reply to questions put to him by Judge Tahiliyani on evidence adduced by the prosecution against him.
Kasab said he did not know that more people had been killed in firing and less in bomb blasts at Hotel Taj, Oberoi and Nariman House.
The gunman also denied knowledge that foreign nationals including those from Japan, USA, France, Italy and Israel had been killed in the terror attacks.
Kasab had further said that he was not aware that several victims had filed affidavits saying they were injured in terror attacks at Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus, Hotel Taj, Hotel
Oberoi, Cama Hospital and Nariman House.
To a question whether he was aware that Israeli nationals had died in terror attack at Nariman House, Kasab said, “Mujhe pata Nahin (I do not know).”
He also feigned ignorance about the blast at a petrol pump near Nariman House and said he was not aware that both the places were located close to each other.