Home / News / CBI questions Suresh Kalmadi over CWG scam

CBI questions Suresh Kalmadi over CWG scam

New Delhi: Commonwealth Organising Committee chief Suresh Kalamdi is being questioned by the CBI in connection with alleged financial irregularities in the conduct of the sports event.

The CBI is questioning Kalmadi on a host of issues including the overlays contracts, his role in the procurement of the timescoring unit and the aerostat.

He is also likely to be probed about the payments made during the Queens Baton relay.

So far the CBI has filed three cases in the CWG scam. The two cases in which Kalmadi’s role is being scrutinised closely are the Queen’s Baton Relay scam in which three officials have already been arrested and the time scoring and recording machine scam.

According to sources, Kalmadi will be asked about why he gave his approval to the release of 146 thousand pounds in AM films scam without checking all facts.

Kalmadi reached the CBI office at about 10 AM. His questioning began about half an hour later, official sources said.

The CBI has been probing the CWG scam for months now. The agency had raided his Pune and Delhi premises on December 24 during which several documents including digital were seized.

The sleuths have grilled Kalmadi’s three key aides in connection with the scam. The sources said Manoj Bhori, political advisor to OC head and P K Srivastava and A K Sinha, both assistants to Kalmadi, were also called for interrogation.

Besides Kalmadi, the CBI had also conducted raids at the residence of OC Secretary General Lalit Bhanot, R K Sacheti, who is Joint Director General of the OC, and Sangeeta Welingkar, member of the Games Image and Look Group.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Pinterest