Home / News / Two sisters die after consuming expiry cough syrup

Two sisters die after consuming expiry cough syrup

Lucknow: Two sisters died allegedly after they consumed a cough syrup, whose expiry date had passed, in Magahua village in Gosaiganj area here on outskirts of the city, police said today.

Two-and-a-half-year-old Shreya and one-year-old Jaya, suffering from cough and cold, were given the syrup by their parents yesterday, they said.

Soon after consuming it their condition started deteriorating and they were rushed to a hospital, where they died, they said.

Later, it was found that the syrup given to the girls had expired in 2009 last year.

The bodies of the girl have been sent for postmortem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Pinterest